I decided we should keep a record of all of Charlotte's various nicknames, starting from the beginning:
1) Wee-Wah.
Age: 0 to 3 months.
Defining characteristics: Non responsive, needy, live stuffed animal.
Origin: I mis-prounounced "Wee one" and it sounded cute, so it stuck.
2) Char-Lotta, poops-a-lot-a.
Age: 1? to 3? months
Defining characteristics: ummm...self explanatory
Origin: Someone at my work pronounced the final e in Charlotte as if it were a third syllable, I told Debbie, she thought it was cute. This coincided with a period where we were going through quite a few dirty diapers.
3) Squishy.
4) Wee.
3) Squishy.
Age: 3 to 6 months.
Defining characteristics: Emotional, responsive, happy, slowly becoming aware
Origin: Wee-wah didn't seem to accurately describe how interactive she was anymore...plus it was a cute line from Finding Nemo.
Defining characteristics: Emotional, responsive, happy, slowly becoming aware
Origin: Wee-wah didn't seem to accurately describe how interactive she was anymore...plus it was a cute line from Finding Nemo.
4) Wee.
Age: 6 to ???
Defining characteristics: Becoming a tiny actual person. Has definite wants and needs, and can kind of say both 'mama' and 'dada', but who knows if she associates them with anything.
Origin: Not sure...I just came home one day and Debbie had started calling her this.
Defining characteristics: Becoming a tiny actual person. Has definite wants and needs, and can kind of say both 'mama' and 'dada', but who knows if she associates them with anything.
Origin: Not sure...I just came home one day and Debbie had started calling her this.
3 comments:
I thought grandma started calling her Charlotta. thats why i started calling her that.
she was squishy last time i saw her haha
Wee is definitely the more mature version of Wee-wa, like Joe is too Joey.
Post a Comment