1. Shopping. I dreamed I was shopping at the grocery with a two or three year old Charlotte. She wanted three different fruit snacks when we went down the aisle, I made her pick just one. When we were in the checkout she wanted to buy some bubble tape to which I responded 'can you even have gum yet?'
2. Naming. We had the name Charlotte picked out since the first trimester. However, I dreamed that I was at the birth, the nurse handed her to me, and it suddenly struck me. "wait a minute, you aren't a Charlotte! You are an Anna!". It is funny to note that before that dream we had never talked about Anna, but that it actually is a pretty good name and meets all my requirements...if we have another girl it is in the running for sure.
3. Birthing. Around week 36 or 37, when we were more than ready to be done, I had a dream that Debbie finally had her and she was adorable with brown hair, and looked like my sister did as a baby (note: she doesn't). That's the version I told Debbie when I woke up anyways. I can't remember anymore act 2 of this little sit com, but somehow we got in a spat before I left for work and I got mad enough at her that I told her the rest of my dream: that she had woken up in a puddle of blood and had to have an emergency c section. My initial reaction to not tell her turned out to be correct, as she spent the remaining weeks afraid to go to sleep in case she woke up bloody. I felt really bad.
4. Talking. A couple nights ago, I dreamed that Charlotte started talking. Not like six months from now, but now, at 20 days. We didn't think it was too odd, except her first 'word' was to say 'I love you, too!' back to us as we were putting her to sleep, and we couldn't figure out where she had heard that exchange frequently enough to pick it up (as deb and I just trade I love you's back and forth without bothering with a 'too'). She had a super baby voice, a little better than some of those dogs that 'talk', but we figured it would get better once she was a month old. Hehe.
Anyways, those are the Charlotte Dreams as of now...I'm sure there will be many many many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment