Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eventful Weekend

Charlotte had an action packed weekend. Here is the breakdown.

Thursday: Went to Sonoran Brewery for dinner. It rained so bad that Javier, Ginger, Charlotte and I almost got washed away in the Honda Fit. Good thing Ginger was driving....if you know me you know I am a terrible driver. We had to stop at a strip mall and wait for the roads to de-flood so we could get back to my Dad's house. Once we got back we decided it was best for me to not drive all the way home. So we made up the pull out couch for Charlotte and I. Then the power went out and was out from 11 pm to 3 am. No AC for 4 hours is miserable. Javier and I were baking all night. No one else really seemed to care. Javier actually slept in his car with the windows rolled down. It is very difficult to change a diaper by candle light!

Friday: Woke up, got ready and headed for Last Chance. We made Charlotte a bed in the front of the shopping cart. You could barely see her mixed in with all our trash! Then we went to visit a retirement home for Grandpa. They gave us free lunch and we toured the place. It was super nice. Charlotte had an irruption in the bathroom at the place. It was horrible! Poor baby. After that we got dropped off at Target and Javier went to pick up Martin from work. Next we went back to my Dad's house to relax. After our rest we headed to LoLo's Chicken and Waffles. Mmmmm it hit the spot. Then it was back to Dad's to play board games; I think they played Modern Art and Scrabble. I guess there was a Scrabble fight but I missed it. I decided to stay the night again! ( I had to wash my clothes since I hadn't planned on staying over 2 nights in a row)

Charlotte sippin" some sweet tea at LoLo's


Saturday: We decided to go visit Granny in Tucson. We left around 2 pm. Poor Charlotte had her first throw up. I didn't burp her long enough and she got sick in the car. I felt like a bad mommy. So we arrived in Tucson around 4 pm. Got to go through Uncle Jay's goodwill pile. We got some good stuff. Decided to go to the Desert Museum for dinner. Luckily I had the stroller to wheel Charlotte around in. We didn't really look at any animals just ate and went to the gift shops. Then we headed home. Ginger and Javier stopped by my house once we got back to Mesa.

On the way to the Desert Museum


Mommy & Baby at Desert Museum


Charlotte cruizin' in her Bugaboo


Sunday: Tried to recover from all the action. I slept until like 1 pm. Went to dinner at Martin's Parent's house and watched the Olympic Gymnastics. Then came home and crashed.

No comments: